- Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 (Compiler and IDE) Note: VC 2005 or later is not compatible with XDK
- Microsoft XDK (XBox Development Kit) Note: If you installed Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio (or otherwise modified the installed files), you need to run the XDK setup with the /s flag
XBMC source code is in C/C++, Assembly and DirectX programming-language. XBMC require XDK 5778 or 5849 (5933 is reported to work, but is not supported) and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1 (2003).
- Install TortoiseSVN
- Right click in a directory and click “SVN Checkout”
- Enter URL of repository: https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/XBMC in the dialogue window. (Note this will only download main XBMC trunk. If you also want source documentation and mplayer source, omit the last “/XBMC”)
- Click ok and wait for all the source tree to download. (Expect a 250-300 MB download the first time you checkout!)
Building with build.bat is a very simple process.
- Double click on build.bat to run the automated build process
- The process will create a BUILD directory with your new XBMC build inside